Search Your Topic

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Who's Kajol's lifeline?


Mumbai: It’s become Kajol’s favourite joke these days and it’s got to do with her daughter Nysa.

“The concept of a villain has changed for me ever since my daughter was born,” she bursts out giggling.“Trust me, there are days when I devote every waking day on her. She has changed my life completely and I think she is the best gift that I ever had.”

Visibly perturbed by the increasing number of suicides due to parental pressure, Kajol says that parents need to understand a simple thing. “They need to tell themselves that they are just the maalis of a beautiful garden. Now, what does a gardener do with a garden of flowers? He nurtures them, waters them and he allows them to bloom. Our children are also like that. They need to be nurtured and taken care of till the point they are ready to face the world,” she says.

What particularly pains Kajol is the fact that most parents see their children as an extension of their own ego.

“If I couldn’t become a doctor ,then I will make sure that my son or daughter becomes a doctor. That is what piles on pressure on the children. They know that my parents have pinned all their hopes on me. What if I can’t meet them? That is the beginning of all stress. Then if you have the parents screaming and shouting on the kids for making the smallest of mistakes, that’s the end of it,” she adds.
Kajol says that her daughter has taught her to be grounded. “I may be a heroine on the sets but back home, she leads my script.

Running around her helps me stay grounded because I know that I am not different from any other mother reaching out to her daughter. Trust me, I need her more than she needs me,” she ends.
(DNA)

No comments:

Post a Comment