Search Your Topic

Friday, January 29, 2010

Aamir's Peepli Live gets "huge ovation" at Sundance

Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan is on cloud nine. The actor, who was selected for Padma Bhushan, is excited with the response that Peepli Live received at the Sundance film festival in the US.

"Padma Bhushan. Wow! Felt so happy, and such a sense of pride. How I wish I was back home in India. Called my mom, and my brother and sisters. But still felt a huge void of not being back in India. Don't know how to explain it," Aamir, who is in Utah to attend the world premiere of the movie, wrote on his blog.

"...our film Peepli Live was really well received here at the Sundance Film Festival. We had our first screening on the 24th at the Egyptian Theatre, Park City. Super reaction right through the film, and huge ovation at the end," the 44-year-old actor, who has produced the movie, wrote.

"I was really keen to see the reaction here at Sundance as I wanted to get a sense of how a non-Indian audience reacts to the film. 90 per cent of the audience was non-Indian. I am now even more certain that this film has the potential to engage a world audience," he added.

(NDTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment