Search Your Topic

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bollywood’s maverick star Aamir Khan to quit smoking and drinking

Mumbai: Mr Perfectionist Aamir Khan is a changed man post the whopping Box Office success of ‘3 Idiots’ for the actor has decided to kick the butt and drinking for life!Related StoriesAamir, Katrina attend special screening of Salman’s ‘Veer’Aamir Khan turns endorsement king with a Rs 35 cr ad deal. News has it that recently, when the cast and crew of ‘3 Idiots’ celebrated the success of the movie at a posh restaurant in Andheri on 18th January, Aamir Khan surprised many by not touching liquor.


Even a couple of days earlier when Aamir attended his nephew Imran Khan’s engagement party, the actor did not touch a single drop of champagne.


It is widely believed that on 1st January 2010, Aamir made a resolution that he would give up alcohol and kick the butt forever. The actor sportingly said that the next time he invites his guests at home, he will simply treat them with nimbu pani instead of beer.


Talking to a news daily on his New Year resolution to quit smoking and drinking, a positive Aamir said, “I just felt like doing it from within. There is no specific reason.”


When prodded further, the actor playfully added, “Yaar, I’ve put on 10 kilos in recent months. Also, sometimes, I tended to overdo the drinking bit. And I hate it when I feel unhealthy. So I just decided that I wanted to quit alcohol for life. As for cigarettes, I was never a regular smoker. But I’ve decided to give it up completely too.”


Hmm…I’m sure Aamir’s die-hard fans take a cue from their idol and give up boozing and smoking!



(Spicezee)

No comments:

Post a Comment